The appeal form can be found on the City of Long Beach website, by clicking here.
THE FOLLOWING IS APPLICABLE FOR APPEALS TO THE CITY PLANNING COMMISSION (AND/OR TO THE CITY COUNCIL)
- Any aggrieved person may appeal a decision on a project that required a public hearing.
- An appeal mustbe filed within ten (10) calendar days after decision.
- An appeal shall be filed with The Long Beach Development Services on a form provided by that Department.
- A public hearing on an appeal shall be held within sixty (60) calendar days after The Long Beach Development Services receives a completed appeal form or after the City Clerk receives the appeal from The Long Beach Development Services.
- A notice of the public hearing on the appeal shall be mailed by The Long Beach Development Services to the applicant, all persons entitled to mailed notice, and any known aggrieved person not less than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the hearing.
- The Planning Commission shall have jurisdiction on appeals from the decisions of the Zoning Administrator and the City Council shall have jurisdiction on appeals from the Planning Commission.
- Except for appeals to the Coastal Commission for projects located seaward of the appealable area boundary and appeals to the City Council of local coastal development permits on developments regulated under the City's Oil Code, there shall be no further appeals after a decision on an appeal.
- You are hereby provided notice that the time within which judicial review of the herein reported decision must be sought is governed by Section 1094.6 of the California Code of Civil Procedure.
Long Beach Development Services
- 333 W. Ocean Blvd., Fifth Floor
- Long Beach, CA 90802
- Attn: Jeff Winklepleck